Take a circular route around the stunningly beautiful Loch Ness, taking in one of the most beautiful Glens in Scotland along the way…
* If a group of three are happy to share the back seat of a Subaru Outlander 4 x 4 which is very spacious, then three people are welcome to book for exactly the same price as two.
If you wish to book for a larger group, please contact us.
This can be booked as a stand-alone tour, or added as an additional day to your Outlander Tour.
The Loch Ness Experience includes a professional quality photographic record of your complete tour.
We also offer a Celtic Handfasting Ceremony to couples who wish to renew their wedding vows whilst on tour with us.
We will collect you from your overnight accommodation at 9.15am.
Loch Ness – enjoy the drive down towards Drumnadrochit, taking in some of the most majestic views of Loch Ness. When we arrive, you have the option of either one of the following:
- Loch Ness Exhibition Centre (optional) – tour the exhibition, and uncover the story behind Nessie. Learn the secrets of the Loch that is larger in volume than all the lakes in England and Wales combined. There is an admission fee of £7.95.
- Cruise Loch Ness (optional) – take a one hour cruise out onto Loch Ness. Search the depths of this magnificent stretch of water on the sonar equipment on board. The price of the one hour cruise is £14.00.
Corrimony Chambered Cairn – visit this ancient Cairn, a sister Cairn to those at Clava, except this one has chambers…
Glen Affric – Tour end to end through one of the most magnificent Glens in Scotland.
Urquhart Castle – walk around these beautiful ruins on the banks of Loch Ness. There are many pathways to explore. There is a superb cafe and gift shop here too. There is an admission fee of £9.00.
Fort Augustus – visit this picturesque Highland village on the southern tip of Loch Ness. In the early 17th century, the village became known by the name of the fort built by General Wade, Fort Augustus, named after the second son of King George. Augustus, the Duke of Cumberland, became infamous in the Highlands as ‘Butcher Cumberland’ owing to the many atrocities inflicted on the Highland population by his orders. While there, you will:
- See the 5 locks – Running through the village is the River Oich and the impressive 60 mile long Caledonian Canal and lock system, built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800s. The Caledonian Canal stretches from Fort William to Inverness, and is linked by a series of natural lochs. Here in Fort Augustus is a flight of 5 locks from the top of the canal in Fort Augustus down into Loch Ness.
- Visit the Clansman Centre, where you can see Scottish Armoury and a living 17th Century Museum, combined with a wonderful Celtic gift and craft shop.
General Wade’s Road – on route back to Inverness, driving along the other side of Loch Ness, be prepared for some of the most beautiful and expansive scenery you’ll see in Scotland, as our video below shows…
You’ll arrive back in Inverness at approximately 6.00pm.
Price is £340, which includes Tour Guiding and vehicle for the day for two* people. The price is not per person. * If a group of three are happy to share the back seat of a Subaru Outlander 4 x 4 which is very spacious, then three people are welcome to book for exactly the same price as two.
We are Andrew and Diane Nicholson, husband and wife team, and we are passionate about this beautiful country, its remarkable landscape, and sharing it with you. So, allow us to showcase the beauty of Scotland to you, while you sit back, relax, and enjoy your journey in comfort…
Your Private Loch Ness Tour includes:
- Transport and Tour Guiding to the above locations in a very comfortable Subaru Outback 4 x 4.
- Collection from your hotel or B&B in the morning, and drop off at a location of your choice (within reasonable distance) at approximately 6.00pm after your day’s touring.
- Professional quality photographic record of your complete Tour. The photographs will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of the completion of your tour. Here is a link to some of the Outlander Tour photos taken of recent clients who have kindly given us permission to share them on social media and on our website (we don’t do that as the norm).
What’s not included: Your travel to Inverness, admission fees, meals and overnight accommodation are not included. There are low cost direct flights from many UK and overseas airports to here in Inverness.
Accommodation: You are welcome to choose from many options for overnight accommodation in Inverness, from the luxury option of staying at Culloden House Hotel through to a local B&B. You may even wish to stay in the city centre to enjoy evening walks along the River Ness. The VisitScotland website contains a superb listing of local accommodation, and you can access the list here. It is up to you to organise and pay for your own overnight accommodation direct with the venue of your choice.
Meals are not included in your tour. We provide a large flask of hot water, along with coffee and a selection of teas in the car as light refreshments. We also provide a large cool bag and cold bottled water. As your Tour Guides, we will bring our own food and refreshments, leaving you free to decide whether you’d like to enjoy a sit-down lunch at one of the locations, or whether you’d like us to take you to a supermarket to purchase a packed lunch to eat later in the day. We will store your packed lunch in the large cool bag until required. You can let us know when we collect you which lunch option you’d prefer for the day, and we will be happy to accommodate you.
More details are on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
To Book your Tour…
Simply contact us with your preferred dates and the tour you’d like to book, and we will forward to you by email a PayPal invoice for the amount due. PayPal is a quick and simple way to pay in your own currency. You can pay the emailed invoice by debit or credit card and you do not need to have a PayPal account. Simply check your email and follow the instructions. Please note that PayPal charge a small fee for conducting the transaction which ranges between 3.4% – 5% of the amount, depending on the country you’re booking from. This small fee will be added to the amount we invoice you for. We find that PayPal is cheaper than doing an international bank transfer, whilst also being a safe and secure way to pay.
Note: If you prefer to pay by bank transfer to avoid the PayPal fees, please let us know and we will forward our bank details on to you.
If we’re online, you can chat with us live right now using the chat widget on the bottom right of your screen.
Prices in different currencies
The Loch Ness One Day Tour: Prices shown below in different currencies:
|AUD Australian Dollar||$557|
|CAD Canadian Dollar||$569|
|NZD New Zealand Dollar||$604|
|USD US Dollar $||$425|