Explore the circular route around Loch Ness, taking in one of Scotland’s most beautiful Glens along the way…
- Book this as a Private Tour on a date of your choice – available all year round.
- The price is £595 for up to 6 people between May and October or off-peak it is £495 for up to 6 people between November and April.
- It includes two tour guides looking after you, plus professional-quality photos.
- This price is for your tour guides and vehicle. Accommodation, admission fees and lunches are not included.
Your Tour Itinerary…
We will collect you from your overnight accommodation at 9.00am.
Loch Ness – enjoy the drive down towards Drumnadrochit, taking in some of the most majestic views of Loch Ness. When we arrive, you have the option of either one of the following:
- Ness Exhibition Centre (optional) – tour the exhibition, and uncover the story behind Nessie. Learn the secrets of the Loch that is larger in volume than all the lakes in England and Wales combined. There is an admission fee.
- Cruise Loch Ness (optional) – take a one hour cruise out onto Loch Ness. Search the depths of this magnificent stretch of water on the sonar equipment on board. There is an admission fee for the cruise.
Chambered Cairn – visit this ancient Cairn, a sister Cairn to those at Clava, except this one has a chamber…
Glen Affric – Tour end to end through one of the most magnificent Glens in Scotland.
Urquhart Castle – walk around these beautiful ruins on the banks of Loch Ness. There are many pathways to explore. There is a superb cafe and gift shop here too. There is an admission fee of £9.00.
Fort Augustus – visit this picturesque Highland village on the southern tip of Loch Ness. In the early 17th century, the village became known by the name of the fort built by General Wade, Fort Augustus, named after the second son of King George. Augustus, the Duke of Cumberland, became infamous in the Highlands as ‘Butcher Cumberland’ owing to the many atrocities inflicted on the Highland population by his orders. While there, you will:
- See the 5 locks – Here in Fort Augustus is a flight of 5 locks from the top of the canal in Fort Augustus down into Loch Ness, built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800s. The Caledonian Canal stretches from Fort William to Inverness, and is linked by a series of natural lochs.
- Visit the Clansman Centre, where you can see Scottish Armoury and a living 17th Century Museum, combined with a wonderful Celtic gift and craft shop.
General Wade’s Road – on route back to Inverness, driving along the other side of Loch Ness, be prepared for some of the most beautiful and expansive scenery you’ll see in Scotland.
Loch Ness… our final stop of the day will be at a small village on the banks of Loch Ness where you’ll have your photos taken by Andy at an iconic monument to the famous Loch.
You’ll arrive back in Inverness at approximately 6.00pm.
Why are our tours so different?
Professional Photographs of your Tour: Throughout the tour Andy will take professional quality photographs of you in each location (only with your permission of course), and we will e-mail you a complete photographic record of your tour within two weeks. Here is a link to photos of recent Outlander clients who have kindly given us permission to share them.
We also offer a Celtic Handfasting Ceremony to couples who wish to renew their wedding vows whilst on tour with us.
Two very passionate Tour Guides: We are Andrew and Diane Nicholson, husband and wife team, and we are passionate about this beautiful country, its remarkable history, and sharing it with you.
Your Private Loch Ness and Glen Affric Tour includes:
- Transport and Tour Guiding to the above locations either in our very comfortable all-wheel-drive, air-conditioned Subaru Outback (1-2 people) or our equally comfortable and air-conditioned Mercedes minibus (3-6 people).
- Collection from your hotel or B&B in the morning, and drop off at a location of your choice (within reasonable distance) at approximately 6.00pm.
- Professional quality photographic record of your complete tour.
Your travel to Inverness, admission fees, meals and overnight accommodation are not included. There are low cost direct flights from many UK and overseas airports to here in Inverness.
Meals are not included in your tour. We provide a large flask of hot water, along with coffee and a selection of teas in the car as light refreshments. We also provide a large cool bag and cold bottled water. As your Tour Guides, we will bring our own food and refreshments, leaving you free to decide whether you’d like to enjoy a sit-down lunch at one of the locations, or whether you’d like us to take you to a supermarket to purchase a packed lunch to eat later in the day. We will store your packed lunch in the large cool bag until required. You can let us know when we collect you which lunch option you’d prefer for the day, and we will be happy to accommodate you.
To Book your Loch Ness and Glen Affric Tour…
Select your date, book and pay for your private Loch Ness and Glen Affric One Day Tour from Inverness using the booking widget below. You are welcome to combine this tour with our other Tours. If you would like to then please either book and pay for them separately, or make an enquiry via the form on our Contact Us page – let us know how which tours you would like to book together and on what dates. We can then send you a single quotation and payment request by e-mail.
A confirmation of your booking and your payment will be sent to you from us and from Stripe, our secure payment gateway. For more information about online booking and Stripe – click here for our FAQs page. Please also read our Terms and Conditions. By booking with us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The person booking the tour (the lead person) does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on the booking, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
If you are booking well in advance and would prefer to pay a 20% deposit, then please send us an enquiry via the form on our Contact Us page. Sorry, our online booking system does not currently support the choice of either deposit or full payment – we are working to provide this option in the future. In this case, the remainder of your payment will be due 60 days prior to your touring dates. Similarly, if you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please contact us and we will forward our bank details on to you.
Select your preferred date and options from the booking widget below, then click the NEXT button, then enter your personal details, credit/debit card details, then click the MAKE BOOKING button to submit your booking. Your tour can be simply booked within just a couple of minutes.
If we’re online, you can chat with us live right now using the chat widget on the bottom right of your screen.
The price is £595 for up to 6 people between May and October or off-peak it is £495 for up to 6 people between November and April.